Great talent is priceless and many businesses struggle to attract top-tier talent for a variety of reasons. Quality talent is hard to find, hard to grow and hard to keep. One big reason is, unemployment is the lowest it’s been in 50 years—the game has changed. Let's face it, recruiting and hiring is very expensive. That makes keeping your top people essential and necessary for success.
Keeping top talent is critical and unpredictable. Consider this, 32 percent* of new employees leave the company within the first six months. This may seem unthinkable, but it happens. Regardless of the reason, every business needs to be able to attract and keep good people. Throwing more money at the problem is not the answer.
Finding the best candidates for positions in your organization is only part of building an effective team. The process of onboarding new employees can be one of the most critical factors in ensuring new talent feel welcomed, productive and accepted by the team. DaMar Staffing shares seven tips to help you grow and keep superstars.
Onboarding new employees is a process of getting people embedded into the company and integrated with the team and the culture. Here are seven tips to help cultivate a positive environment for helping people be their best.
Seven Tips to Develop Superstars
1. Management: Build a positive, trusting and mutual relationship. Staff members want access to their direct supervisor and to have managers involved in their day-to-day.
2. Responsibilities: Employees need to understand exactly what their responsibilities and expectations are in the workplace. People desire clear guidelines.
3. Training: Effective training will empower people. Twenty-one percent of employees cited a lack of training as a reason for leaving their job.
4. Acceptance: People need to feel accepted by their team. Promote unity and comradery among the team.
5. Feedback: Employees need effective feedback. Detailed guidance will help assure they’re headed in the right direction.
6. Mentors: Matching an employee with a mentor or a “growth buddy” is important. Fifty-six percent of employees believe mentors will improve culture and productivity.
7. Focus on STRM: People want to focus on stuff that really matters (STRM) for success. In short, don’t sweat the small things.
Call Tiffany Thompson at 317.566.8320.
DaMar Staffing Can Help. Where People and Careers Meet.
DaMar Staffing Solutions takes an unconventional approach to recruiting and staffing solutions for clients. As a strategic partner, the DaMar team is constantly on the hunt for those rare people who are among the best at what they do. DaMar Staffing is located at 8900 Keystone Crossing, Suite 1060, Indianapolis, IN 46240